4/24/11

Zombie Day

    I'm going to start by saying Happy Zombie Jesus Day!  Given the theme of the day I do believe watching zombie movies while drinking some beer & coffee sounds in order and of course watch my boys play at 1.  But for right now I'm going to take the opportunity to pre-game my M'Fuckin Monday and introduce you to an amazing lil' band by the name of Dead Mans Bones.
  
Just by photo, how could you not be drawn in??

The band consists of Ryan Gosling his friend & the Silverlake Childrens Choir.  The first time I heard the way he sings and then the kids singing along, I was hooked.  Done.  Check.  Today it was just by lucky chance as I posted my status update that this song came on:


I would highly recommend listening to an actual copy of the song, but the clip was fun & I love those kids!  I'll also use the lead into saying you should see Blue Valentine if you haven't.  Incredible, uncomfortable, realistic & a dash of Ryan singing :x

    So lets see, heres some of what I may watch today & some of my all around favorite zombies:
  • Night of the Living Dead (og) *
  • Return of the Living Dead
  • Evil Dead *
  • Zombieland *
  • Dead Snow *
  • White Zombie *
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • 28 Days Later
  • Dead Alive *
  • Fido
  • Day of the Dead (og)
  • Dawn of the Dead (old & new)
  • The Walking Dead
  • Planet Terror
  • Boy Eats Girl * ... but I'm going to start with:
  • Deadgirl *
For your viewing pleasure I'd also like to share something with you that one of my best friends showed me a few years ago.  Its absolutely amazing and if you're not intrigued by mentalism prior to this, you should be after watching this video.  Its in 2 parts (thankfully someone uploaded and HQ verision) so make sure you watch them both because it is just fantastic.


Enjoy your zombie day!  Brains & Beer.


xxo




* - movies available on instant

No comments: