4/23/11

Stretched Thin

    I haven't been as on my game as I would like to have been.  I have indeed been crocheting a lot and now that I'm taking a breather and trying to remain calm ...
(source:  PosterPop on Etsy)
I'm going to make an attempt at a real blog update!  For the past few weeks I've been attempting to make this faux grass rug for a friend of mine and its done nothing but make me want to pull the hair out of my head.  I've always been a hands on / tutorial kinda girl, reading patterns or diagrams frustrates me and I hit boiling point at ridiculous speed.  So consulting with friends and looking up random tutorials online, it seemed 99% positive and that everything was being done right and that there was no need for me to worry, only I couldn't stop.  After starting multiple other projects to calm myself and take my mind off of the rug from hell (its not actually that bad, but I get worked up), I finally sat down a few nights ago and tweaked the pattern to make it my own and FINALLY have complete faith in it and that it will stay together (which was my fear, that it'd unravel as soon as he walked on it).  I give you a sneak preview of the Grass rug:


I've also taken up making granny squares to use up all my bits of random yarn.  May just make a pile of them or some day decide to make an actual afghan or something of that nature.  Lets not get started on my new MLB obsession and/or the fact that I cannot stop buying Giants colors.  Just observe.


xxo

No comments: