4/9/11

Mermaids & Faeries!!!

    So I'm doing this 30 Day Challenge - Disneyland thing on Tumblr and as soon as I started I have been waiting for the "Whats Your Favorite Extinct Attraction" to come along.  Every time I remember Disneyland from my childhood, the first thing I think of is the Submarine Voyage!  I always remember how excited I'd get seeing mermaids (huge fascination as a child, thanks to my Sis In Law) and the shark wrestling an octopus (I would love to meet the person who bought this at the auction, can you imagine! I'd have it in my pool), it was just the coolest thing on earth!  Hands down was my favorite thing in the land of happiness and would quite possibly be the same now IF they didn't eff things up and make it Nemos Voyage.  If you asked me what they should have changed it to, I'd have said The Little Mermaid.  No questions.  Anyhow:


How cool were the mermaids?!  Short lived due to chlorine and guys jumping in the lagoon but the idea was genius and I can guarantee you if it was still around, my job would be a Disneyland mermaid.

    Needless to say that I'm THRILLED about the new Ariels Undersea Adventure!  When I saw that they had taken out a huge chunk of Paradise Pier and it was to be replaced with The Little Mermaid, I felt like I was 5 again!  Seriously, I may cry when it opens, I'm that excited!
Watch that and tell me you're not jazzed for June 3rd 2011 to get here, tomorrow!  If not sooner, I will definitely be at Disneyland in June with Evelia and her baby girl.  I will meet Amelie and bond with her over The Little Mermaid, maybe I can be to her what my sis in law was to me?

    I leave you now with a picture of Tinkerbell because lets face it, shes cute and makes you smile
Looking good at 71yrs old
A video of Tiny Kline (42), 29 years before becoming Tink

Not sure if its Tiny, but shes a cutie.


xxo

No comments: