3/30/11

I Bring You Tidings of Joy & Sadness

    Lets go ahead and get the sad out of the way.  I was informed via a friend via Facebook, that Maggie Mudd is closing their doors on April 3rd.  Granted I haven't been in about a year, but this ice cream is amazing and vegan friendly, which is how I came to know of it, thanks to Chris.  The article says that the location is bad and that their doors may return at a different spot later on but I think part of the reason its so likable is that its out there and I always enjoyed the hunt for a place to park, it made the reward of amazing ice cream that much better!  The creamcicle milkshakes were to die for and their sundaes!!! MM, you will be missed.

    Now to recover from that blow, I'd like to first bring up a movie that I'm super jazzed about seeing; 

    It looks gorgeous, the cinematography is going to be absolutely stunning coupled with amazing actors.  Sean Penn is one of my most favorite actors, every movie he has done has got me emotionally charged;  Dead Man Walking,  I Am Sam,  Mystic River,  At Close Range:


When I saw Live To Tell as a kid, I was obsessed with seeing the movie and it wasn't til the last 8 years or so that I actually bought it and finally watched it, I definitely recommend it.  But that's me getting off track, point is Sean Penn* is brilliant and I can't wait to see him in another movie.  Yes, of course Brad is a fairly decent actor himself and not hard on the eyes so I guess I'm excited about him as well.  Point is this movie is going to be one to see and talk about, you just get a soothing feeling watching the previews (at least I do) and it also makes me want to watch The Fountain lol, not that I need an excuse because I watch it like its my job as it is already.  But the cinematography & the Tree of Life combo, yeah.  This movie is probably going to be one of those I can watch non stop.  Be excited, be be excited!

    Another rad thing that actually happened last night was the second annual Runway To Green.  A fundraiser with help of major designers that donates a portion of the proceeds to environmental organizations.  I was seeing random tweets from Coco & Net-A-Porter about the auctions, specifically the front row seats to a Chanel show & meeting Karl and dinner with Harrison Ford (I'd be down Docta Jones!)  Its a pretty rad thing, and you can now buy the runway looks on Net-A-Porter and help the cause(s).

    Ok, in random web cruising I see a sidebar headline "Scarlett & Sean make it official..."!  Wow, what?  Ok, I don't dislike Scarlett Johanson, but this is just weird to me.  Also the article I read said "Both are coming off unsuccessful marriages --to Ryan Reynolds and Robin Wright."  I'm sorry, I thought Sean & Robin were quite successful with 14 years together, but that could just be me.


xxo

No comments: