2/21/11

Music Monday.

    First I'd like to start you off with something to look forward to this year.  Mr Gordon-Levitt is gracing us with his awesome presence in a new movie in which he looks like my ideal (according to Jason) "homeless guy".  Kind of have a lovely lil fantasy in my head of Dapper G-L vs Metalhead G-L, I won't lie.  But anyhow, Hesher looks pretty amazing so, your welcome. 


Second and main reason for this entry:

last.fm did me the pleasure of introducing me to Paloma Faith.  Just like when I heard Marina and the Diamonds, "Obsession" for the first time, I'm mildly obsessed (no pun intended) with "Upside Down".  I normally listen to "my radio station" which is within the safety bounds of my specific picks and loved track, that or a ridiculous amount of bands & music that have been touched by the golden hand of Mike Patton, BUT lately I've been listening to chicks & Icelandic music.  Have to say its been quite pleasant and I'm glad to add some new broads to my library. 

broads (not all new to the collection, but what I've been listening to):
  • Soap&Skin
  • Marina and the Diamonds

  • Bat For Lashes
  • Charlotte Gainsbourg
  • Sia
  • CocoRosie
  • PJ Harvey
icelanders (same as above):


Also, one I listen to quite frequently who's not to be forgotten AND coincidentally falls into both categories:



xxo

1 comment:

disko said...

thanks for worm is green... it's lovely!